We are experts in designing workplaces and work systems so that people can work productively and safely. We work in partnership with you to assist your organisation to investigate any areas of concern, and advise you of practical ways you can improve work practices and comply with workplace health and safety obligations.
Worksite assessment & design
- Reviewing new or existing spaces and work systems, and advising on how to make tasks more streamlined and safer for all users. This includes working in teams with engineers, industrial designers, architects, facilities managers and others.
- Specialising in the assessment and prevention of musculoskeletal disorders such as:
– Low back pain
– Work-related upper limb musculoskeletal disorders (OOS/RSI)
– Shoulder and neck disorders
Plant & equipment selection & design
- Assessing your needs and advising on the most appropriate furniture, tools and equipment
for the users and their tasks.
- Working with industrial designers and original equipment manufacturers on design projects,
looking at usability and safety issues.
Education & training
- Providing lectures, workshops and train-the-trainer sessions to management, staff and/or university students on a range of topics relating to ergonomics and design including: setting up computer-based workstations; purchasing and procurement guidelines; risk management for manual tasks; increasing productivity and profit with ergonomic designs; and other courses or presentations tailor-made to your requirements.
- Undertaking research in a variety of areas of ergonomics and workplace health and safety, such as to assess the effectiveness of different approaches and/or equipment and advise on the best and safest options for your industry or your organisation.
- Undertaking assessments for the legal industry in selected personal injury matters relating to safety systems, site designs and ergonomics, and providing opinions on how well the work systems and tasks were designed for the users, and if more could have been done to prevent the injury.
Competent and professional
“… extremely competent and professional in the manner in which they undertook this work and in particular demonstrated a capacity to communicate with workers at all levels within the industry as part of their process of analysing complex manual handling issues. The report …has been extremely useful to Sydney Fish Market Pty Ltd in addressing many of its manual handling challenges”.
Mr Skepper, General Manager, Sydney Fish Market
Comprehensive, excellently researched report
“I found this to be a comprehensive, excellently researched report…. I thought the conclusions and recommendations practical and achievable…”
Dr Straughan, Newcastle
"I would highly recommend Health & Safety Matters to any company that wants
professional OHS and ergonomics advice and practical solutions. They worked closely with our management team and our staff to facilitate improvements in staff efficiency and comfort at work, and we all benefited from the personalised advice and intervention. I will continue to use the services of Health & Safety Matters."
Ms Johnson, OHS Advisor, News Limited
Informed business decisions
“…reporting is thorough and helps us make informed business decisions about the set up of our office space.”
Ms Gamieldien, Human Resources, Foxtel